About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My First Day Back to Work, Solid Foods and Fall...

First day back went great. I didn't forget how to do my job and, surprisingly, I didn't forget my sign-on passwords. Yay me! OK, for the important stuff. I wore a pair of jeans and a black top w/ a grey design and black and grey trainers. Kind of boring I know but it's Sunday so it's more casual. Tomorrow being a holiday means it's going to be casual again so now I have to decide what to wear (my previous "Monday" outfit was more dressy-uppy.) Please just get me to Tuesday because I have had that planned for awhile. Anyway, glad to be back among the working and the day went really fast.

As for the all liquid diet. Well, I fell off that wagon yesterday, and hard. I had forgotten I bought some TGIF artichoke and spinach dip and we had Tostitos so that went out the window at about 2:30. I'm not going to beat myself up though because, if you remember, I didn't really eat myself to sickness it was the kidney stone.

It is mid-October and I would like to know why things aren't more "Fall-like." It should be chilly and instead it's kind of warm. And by "kind of warm" I mean that I can't wear any of my new cardigans. I think that's gonna be my thing this year. I'll call it "The Year of the Cardigan" although when I get my red purse I may change it to "The Year of the Red Purse" And by "cardigan" I don't mean "Blah, blah cardigan" I mean unique and fun cardigans and also wraps. OK, we should just call it "The Year of the Cardigan, Wrap, and Red Purse" because I will get a red purse (even though someone copied me and got one, you know who you are initials R.E.T.) and I don't want to leave the wraps out.

Keep your fingers crossed that cooler weather gets here (and fast!)

No comments: