About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Black Flats, Morning Darkness and More...

I'm sorry it has been a few days since my last post. This getting used to being back at work has been quite an adjustment. I just don't think it's normal under any one's definition to have to be to work in the morning when it is still dark. I will need a few more weeks to get back in my groove.

It is with much sadness that I must report that my new black flats were extremely uncomfortable. I'm talking swollen feet 24hrs after I had taken them off!! Anyway, they did look nice so that is some consolation but I'm afraid it will be awhile until I get up the nerve to wear them again. Shoes are tricky that way. They feel great in the store but after a few hours their true colors emerge. To add insult to injury the day I wore the flats I also wore a silk skirt. I was in a hurry and quick put some lotion on. Long story short, lotion on the skirt (no time to change) and so all day I'm holding my purse so that you can't see it. I'm just glad that day is over and I'm ready to move on.

As for Halloween, Jim is no longer a concern for my costume choice. That decision was made after he shot down every last one of my ideas until I said "Pimp" to which he replied "OK, and you can be my whore and you can just wear something out of your closet" !!!! I know, I couldn't believe it either. Tina from work and I are going to go as Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble. Since Tina has red hair, she will be Wilma. I will get the costume one day this week and let you know how it looks.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought all kinds of good stuff. I went through my recipe books, wrote a list and everything. Trouble is, everything I bought requires some effort on my part to prepare. I'm lazy in the kitchen. I don't know why everyone can't be happy with spaghetti every night or better yet, make your own. I like the idea of cooking it's the actual cooking that I can't get into. Sometimes colder weather makes me feel more like cooking so we'll see how this winter goes. I wish I was one of those people who have carts full of fresh produce and the kind of rice that takes more then 10 min. to cook. Instead, I'm the one whose cart is usually full of frozen pizza, ice cream and the like. I generally buy a bag of potatoes and a bunch of bananas just to keep up appearances only to throw them away a week or so later. Maybe in my next life I will be a healthy eater/cooker.

No comments: