About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Novel, Thanksgiving, A Down Vest and Singstar

Well, I got the information from Kimmy (cousin and RN) regarding my main character's medical condition. The book is shaping up nicely but I think I will wait until after the New Year to begin. January is such a blah month and so I think it will be as good a time as any to start.

Since I am working on Thanksgiving Jim and the kids will go to Kimmy's. I will host what I am calling "Thanksgiving-The Sequel" the Saturday after. We will have friends and family here and will be set up with Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Sing Star. I, of course, will be singing. It's lots of fun since we have songs like "You Can't Touch This," "Baby Got Back," and "Ice, Ice Baby." I am looking forward to eating as much as I want and not feeling guilty since I can burn off so many calories singing and dancing. I have pretty sweet moves and while the kids laugh uncontrollably I think it is only to hide their jealousy as they, unfortunately, didn't seem to inherit that gene from me. My love of "Fame" has served me well and taught me much.

It has been quite cold here lately and since, when on 7-3, I have to walk about 5 blocks from the garage, I have been freezing. I hate coats. I know that some people love them and plan entire outfits around them, but I hate them. I can't drive in one because I feel so confined and constricted and so I decided I'm in the market for a down vest. It will keep the main part of my body warm while still allowing my arms to move freely. I also think I will be wearing lots of scarves this winter. Not the silk kind that I talked about when trying to hide my disfiguring scar but the winter kind. They come in all kinds of colors and in chenille which I love. That will be the new me, down vests and winter scarves. Everyone will see me coming and know instantly that it's me. Also, now that Tina got me my red purse, that part of my identity is about set. I will be switching into that one tomorrow.

I think tomorrow I will bake cookies. Not for the holidays but just for us. There is no point in fooling anyone by saying that I start my Christmas baking any earlier then December 20th. I don't know how some people do it. They start baking in November and I can't help but wonder "Who are these people and why can they bake so far in advance and not eat everything?" Chrsitmas will be here before we know it and then we will head into the bleakest month of the year, January. We will get through it though and I am looking forward to being warm in my new down vest!

No comments: