About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Endless Weeks, Agents and Writer's Block

Is this week almost over? I feel as though it will never end. Some weeks are like that and it's a shame because the ones that make you feel that way are the one's that are nearly intolerable. When your having a good week (like vacation) time goes so quickly but when your crap it is as though the hands of time have stopped so that they can laugh at you and discuss you misery. "Look at her," they say to each other (because there are 3 of them hour, minute and second) "she feels terrible but has overtime to work this week and everyone is getting on her nerves. Slow down Second Hand I think she's getting a headache with 6hrs left to work." You can almost hear them laughing. To top it off the clocks at work are in military time and I'm always getting it confused and I end up thinking it's an hour later than it really is. It's enough to make you suicidal.

I have had a change of heart regarding my book. I have decided to take it in another direction but I'm not sure which direction. Writer's block and I'm barely out of the gate. It's been just that kind of week.

I am excited about the concept of having an agent. It's quite obvious that I will need one because once I get through this writer's block the words and ideas will flow freely and my book will not only be a best seller but I'm sure they will want to make it into a movie. You can see why an agent will be necessary. I will call my agent frequently and they will always put me right through to her. Yes, I think I will choose a woman because she will probably become a very close friend since we will have so many projects "in the works." She will probably be younger than me but a real go-getter. I will eventually be somewhat of a "big sister" to her and offer all kinds of advice. I will counsel her from the comfort of my bed (which is where I will do most of my writing.) She will have boyfriend problems at first but then she will find Mr. Right and get married. I will, of course, be asked to be the Maid of Honor but I will have to turn her down. "The Maid of Honor is a younger women's game." I will to tell her " Pick one of your younger friends and besides I have to meet with my Studio Rep that day about the movie so I will be unable to attend." She will understand and continue to look to me for guidance when she gets pregnant and especially after the baby is born. I will have to give great thought as to who I chose because, as you can see, she will become somewhat entangled in my life.

No comments: