About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving-The Sequel, Christmas and My Hair..

Well, the First Annual Thanksgiving-The Sequel went very well. Lots of fun, lots of food and lots of laughter. I made the stuffing the night before and everything else the next day although somehow Jim got credit for the turkey since he sliced it. Are you kidding me??? Everyone was like "Jim the turkey's great!" WHAT!!?? Anyway I set the record straight as to who did what (I did everything and he stopped to get sodas on the way home from hunting.) Of course we played Singstar and I don't want to brag but I have been contacted by a few major record labels. I haven't signed anything so I'm not at liberty to give any names but you get the picture. Phrases like "The next Mariah Carey," "Is there anyway we can break our contract with Celine?" were thrown around. I may have to turn them down because while I am a gifted singer I think I need to focus on my writing and there is only so much of me to go around. Speaking of that I seemed to have gained some weight so there is more of me to go around then previously but I am hoping this is just a temporary state of being.

Christmas is coming at us like a rocket. With the economy being what it is this Christmas will not be like Christmas' in the recent past. Gone are the days of "Laptops for all my friends!" now it's more like "I know you like this kind of gum so..Merry Christmas!" It is important that we remember what this time of year is all about and no, it's not about how much money you can spend, rather having friends and family around you and being grateful for another year together. Or, being grateful the year is over and this person or that need no longer be a part of your life. Either way, it's not about the gifts. Try to remember that when you are feeling stressed over not being able to buy your 2nd cousin once removed that cashmere sweater she has been hinting at for the past 3 months.

OK, another month and another haircut. I think I finally got it this time and I think that in a few weeks I will like it even more. Hair is always at it's best a few weeks after the initial cut. It's shorter and not to brag but I have been mistaken for Mariska Hargitay. NO, that last bit wasn't true but I am happy with it. I have realized that although I love long hair it is not for me. Shorter is better, that's my new motto.

No comments: