About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Friday, January 16, 2009

The Car (Again!), Sports and Grocery Shopping...

Still have the check engine light on and now today I was unpleasantly surprised to have a "brake" light blink on and have a terrible beep sound to go with it. Thankfully it quickly went off but still I am very concerned. I will have Jim look into it but I live in fear of being stranded on the side of the road with no one to help me except for a homicidal maniac (those of you who know me are used to these reoccurring thoughts of my murder) I will keep you posted but again the price to have my German car repaired is much more than the paycheck I received today, which will, of course, all go toward the purchase of milk!

When I find my winning lottery ticket the first thing I will do is hire someone to do all of my grocery shopping for me as it is my least favorite thing to do in the whole world. I would rather scrub toilets and floors on my hands and knees than go to the grocery store. The kids and I sometimes do something we call "Supermarket Sweep" (like the old game show) where we split up with part of the list and see how fast we can get in and out. Fun but expensive because if you will recall the object of that game show was to spend the most money in the least amount of time and my object is to, of course, spend as little money as possible.

You will notice I have added a link to a new blog. It is written by a friend of mine and while I support all of her endeavors I cannot support her love of the Baltimore Ravens as I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. She is an awesome writer and if sports is your thing you will learn alot. We have a very important game coming up this Sunday and it will be very interesting as the battle lines have been drawn. Even if you are not a sports fan I would suggest you tune into the game. These teams have quite a history and no matter who wins I think we will all be in for a great game. Go Steelers!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe shucks Dawn. Thanks for the kind words...appreciate it.

No doubt, this game will be one that we will be talking about for a long while (or so I'm hoping)...

My boys are the underdog, we are way unhealthy, we shouldn't even e here. WE've been playing without a bye for 17 weeks. And I still have the audacity to say this: Ravens are taking it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady :) Thanks for coming down Saturday. Trav and I had a great time and can't wait for the cook-off. I miss your writing!!! Keep me posted. LOVE YOU!- Nat