About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to January...

Christmas is over and I hope it was a joyous time for you and yours. I imagine that by now you have returned everything you needed to and have already spent gift cards and any cash you were lucky enough to get. I, for one, am glad it's over but the downside is that now we all have to get through January. The bleakest of months, that's what January is. Could it be that it starts with such fan fare that there's no where to go but down? I'm not sure, I just know it is a blah month. It doesn't seem to snow around here like it did when I was young and perhaps that has something to do with it. As I write this it is raining. The thing is, if it's going to be wet in the winter I would prefer snow.

We lost me father on Christmas Eve and while he will be missed, he is finally at peace. For those of you that knew him, you know this and I hope you share in my outlook.

I have decided to start my book in the next couple weeks. While I have copious notes I have yet to sit at the computer and start putting them together.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2009 is the best one yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear about your father...
That is hard. How are the kids? The rest of your family? I'll keep you guys in my prayers..

So you are writing a book? Damn girl...what will it be about? Give me some deets, I love friends that write.

Feel free to stop my purple-passion blog: (and all things Maryland and sports related) www.mdbirdlover.wordpress.com