About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Sunday, December 13, 2009

It has been a very long time since my last post and for that I am sorry. I will not bore you (or depress you) with the reasons why but let me just say that 2009 is a year I am looking forward to forgetting! I feel as though the past year has been like a soap opera because you see, it had so many of the same elements: trouble with the law, attorneys, death, near death and on it goes. I have often stepped outside of myself to try to get a different perspective and honestly if it were not all true and happening to me, I would have enjoyed watching it.

It is without enthusiasm that I look towards Christmas but forge ahead I must! The outside is looking very festive but the inside is lacking (and by "lacking" I mean I have not put out one blessed Christmas decoration, much less the tree!) The plan is to have all of that finished by week's end. I must also add that I have not even begun my Christmas shopping. Not thing one!! Since I have done such a horrible job of preparing for a holiday that I have known very well was coming my penance will be that any and everything that I will need to buy in order to be ready will have to be bought...AT THE MALL!! I hate the mall any other time of the year and so it would go without saying that I hate the mall at Christmas. I will have to go this week and hope to knock it all out in a day or two. Christmas list (check), money in bank account to pay for gifts off of list (check), one entire day set aside to shop and only shop (check) and finally, Valium in order to make it through said day without physically harming another human being (ummm, I'll get back to you on that one.)

I will write more often and try to make you smile now that the worst (Good God I can only hope) is being me. Come on 2010!!!!!

No comments: