About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cars, Kids and a New Year

Disaster, mes amies, disaster! My "check engine" light came on in my car about a month ago and ignoring it does not seem to make it go away. It has come on briefly in the past and then, just as quick and mysterious as it appeared, it went off. This seemed to occur after I had gotten halfway up the road so I never gave it much thought. I am sad to report that this time this has not happened. I will have to get it in the shop but since I seem to have misplaced my winning lottery ticket and I drive German car, this will have to wait. In the meanwhile I have been trying a few things. My favorite is to drive really fast and hope to "outrun" said light. Thus far, that hasn't worked. I have also toyed with the idea of putting a piece of black duct tape over the light so I can pretend it's not lit. So until I have it fixed I will just keep my cell phone charged and forge ahead. Ironic side note is that "check engine light" is not mentioned in my drivers manual..Go figure!

The kids are looking forward to the end of the semester and the start of new classes and new teachers. I am looking forward to the day when they go out on their own and I am no longer saddled with a grocery bill the size of the National Debt or having to go on daily "milk runs." I am honest when I tell you that we go through at least 1 gallon of milk a day, sometimes 1 1/2 gallons. "Got Milk?" is not just a slogan for the American Dairy Assoc, it is a question that gets asked daily around here.

I am excited about the upcoming year and what it has in store for me. I have many notes for the book and will be putting them in some kind of order very shortly and then I shall begin my process. I am thinking that I will be in need of some new pajamas (I have already found some that I must have) as I will be writing while wearing them and think I will do a much better job if I have nice, new things on. I will also be making an appointment to get my hair done in the next few weeks as I feel, that too, is a necessity.

We will be having a Bull Roast for our high school alumni and I am looking forward to seeing many friends that I have not seen in many years (that too will require a new outfit) I will let you know how it goes but I'm sure a great time will be had by all.

I hope you are making your way through the January blah as it seems we are already being assaulted by Valentine's Day bacchanalia!

No comments: