About Me

My photo
Kent Island, Maryland, United States
I am the mother of 3 teenagers and by all rights, I should have been discoverd years ago. I am always adding new content so bookmark me and you'll stay "in the loop."

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Cards, Lotion and Decorations

So, I've decided this year not to send out Christmas cards. It was not a decision I made lightly seeing as I have sent out Christmas cards for the past 15 years or so. First, I can tell by the amount that I am receiving that I am not alone in this decision. Postage rates continue to rise and quite frankly I just don't have the energy to do it. Since I was unable to get any good shots of the kids in the past few months I would be required to beg and barter in order for all of the kids to be on the same place at the same time, dressed in something decent and looking like they want to do this (which is, of course, not true!) Then I would have to dig up addresses of everyone I have ever met in my entire life so that I can send them said picture. I love getting pictures of other families and save them year after year in a basket but this year, I am sorry to say, anyone who wants to see what my kids looks like is going to have to stop by and do so in person.

It is with great joy that I tell you my outside Christmas decorations are up! My wonderful husband (on the coldest day of the year I might add) put everything up on Sunday and if I do say so myself, it looks awesome. We have quite a few things in the yard but the most perplexing is the cow with a Santa hat on. I understand the penguins and seal since when we think of them we think of cold climates but the cow remains a mystery. I love him none the less and he is out there as I type this, spreading Christmas joy. What's even more of a mystery to me is the dolphin with the Santa hat but we don't have one of those. Honestly, how would the hat even stay on in the water?? The cow's hat won't go anywhere since they don't do much but dolphins are quite active and I don't think it's very realistic.

Winter is here and so is my dry skin. Good grief, I was besides myself with itching. Jim was nice enough to get some Eucerine "calming" cream. Now, I was skeptical at first since I didn't really feel as though my skin was "excited" and in need of "calming" not to mention I have bought literally $1000's of dollars worth of cream that promised "silky softness" and many other adjectives that never quite materialized but I must say, it seems to be doing the trick.

I have recently joined Facebook and have been able to catch up with so many classmates and friends from high school. We are getting ready for our 20th reunion and the funny thing is that everyone, for the most part, looks the same. I wonder if they think that about me? I always recognize people but for some reason seem to think that I look nothing like I did back then and so no one would know who I am. Luckily that has not been the case and I must say it's been loads of fun catching up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

I stopped Christmas Cards two years ago. Don't feel bad...sounds like you are making the right decision.

Honestly, I think I am going to be doing a mass-mailing sometime soon though to announce my new business and give out my website info and blog.